Among the most popular ways to upgrade your home today is to install a walk-in tub. These tubs offer numerous features that aren’t available in regular tubs, including several therapeutic benefits that can help with pain relief. Two of the best brands of walk-in tubs on the market are Boca Tubs and Ella’s Bubbles – but which of these are better?
If you want a more luxurious bathing experience, go with Boca Tubs. Boca Tubs is the better tub as it boasts easy installation, several customizable upgrades, and numerous accessibility options. If you’re looking for the cheapest option, you should opt for Ella’s Bubbles.
In this article, I’ll break down what each of these brands of walk-in tubs offers you. By comparing your two options, I’ll make choosing one for your bathroom easier, so keep reading.
Similarities Between Boca Tubs and Ella’s Bubbles
Before we look at how these two brands differ, let’s look at some of their similarities.
Both these brands of walk-in tubs offer several accessibility options, including:
- Two-seat tubs
- Bariatric tubs
- Grab bars
- Heated seats and backrests
They also both offer soaker tub and shower-tub combo options.
However, these are the only similarities between the brands. Let’s look at each brand in greater detail to understand how they stack up against each other.
Boca Tubs Pros and Cons
|Lowest entry threshold on the market – 2 inches (5 cm) in height||Price information is not easily available|
|Slip-resistant flooring||No dedicated wheelchair-accessible tub|
|Multiple upgrades and customizations available, including therapeutic upgrades||Fiberglass construction|
|Lifetime Warranty for parts and tub|
Though Boca Tubs does not offer a dedicated wheelchair-accessible tub, the low entry threshold means all their tubs are accessible for people with mobility concerns. Additionally, their larger models are easily accessible to wheelchair users.
The company also offers numerous therapeutic add-ons and customizations, including:
- Chroma therapy (light therapy)
- Aromatherapy, through scented beads that can be activated at your convenience.
- Micro Therapy – an all-natural hydrotherapy system that creates millions of microscopic bubbles that clean and exfoliate your pores as you relax.
- Wall-mounted and tub-mounted grab bars and an adjustable show slide bar to make the tub safer
- 18 air jets and 10 water jets
- Added sound system to help you create a spa-like atmosphere at home
Tub models available include:
- Petite Narrow: Designed for smaller bathrooms, it has the fastest fill and drain time of all their tub models.
- Petite Short: Model used to replace your home’s existing 48-inch (121.92 cm) shower stall.
- Standard: This is the standard model which fits most homes and people.
- Wide: Designed for people who need more space to sit in. The larger door makes it accessible to people with wheelchairs and walkers.
- Deep Soaker: This is the model for you if you want to enjoy water to your shoulders and above. It’s designed to accommodate taller people, including those who are 6’2” and taller.
- Two-Seater: This tub can be used solo or by two people sitting facing each other.
- Wide/Deep: Boca’s largest tub. Perfect if you need a wider sitting area and want a deep soak at the same time.
Soaker tubs are also available upon request.
However, finding pricing information for Boca Tubs online can be challenging. Additionally, these tubs are made from fiberglass, which is not as durable a material for tubs as acrylic.
Ella’s Bubbles Pros and Cons
|Pricing information easily available||Shorter warranty|
|Tubs designed to be wheelchair-accessible||No help with installation|
|Largest tub is slightly larger than Boca’s largest model||Reviewers report delivery issues|
|Higher entry threshold – 6 inches (15.24 cm)|
While Boca Tubs are made of fiberglass, Ella’s Bubbles’ tubs are acrylic. Acrylic is more durable and has a lower risk of chipping. They are available in multiple models, including:
- Stainless steel inward door walk-in tubs
- Outward swing door walk-in tubs
- Two-seat walk-in tubs
- Wheelchair-accessible walk-in tubs
- Ultra S-Shape door walk-in tubs
- Lay down walk-in tubs
Each line is available in different sizes and with different add-on features. Some popular customizations include a 360-degree swivel tray and foot and calf jets. Their biggest wheelchair-accessible tub is also slightly larger than Boca Tubs’ largest tub.
However, unlike Boca Tubs, Ella’s Bubbles does not offer the option of factory-trained installation. You’ll either have to complete a DIY installation yourself or hire a local contractor.
Additionally, they give a lesser warranty than Boca Tubs. While Boca offers a lifetime warranty for the parts and tub and a one-year warranty for labor when you use a factory-trained installation professional, Ella’s Bubbles offers:
- Five years warranty on parts
- A limited lifetime warranty on the tub
- Warranty for the labor will vary depending on the contractor you use
Another challenge is the high entry threshold. The 6-inch (15.24 cm) entry threshold can make the tub challenging for people with mobility issues and make their tubs less effective if you need something that will age well.
Both Ella’s Bubbles and Boca Tubs produce high-quality walk-in tubs. Though Ella’s Bubbles is more affordable, Boca Tubs is better, thanks to the better warranty and installation help they offer. Their lower entry threshold makes their tubs more versatile and accessible, which is why they get our nomination.